You might be someone who has their fitness goals printed, laminated and stuck to your bedroom wall or you may be keeping those goals hidden in the closet. Either way, we all love a bucket list, and this should be no exception when it comes to having a fitness bucket list!
Having a fitness bucket list is a great way to kickstart your motivation, keep yourself motivated and re-motivate yourself if you fall into a slump. It’s the thrill of setting big goals, having challenges and getting to tick them off the list. Satisfaction!
Maybe you’ve already made a start to your bucket list or maybe you are needing a little boost with where to start. Don’t worry, we have your back.
- Do a 30-day push-up challenge. A reasonable and realistic start!
- Run a 10k. A classic goal for those wanting to get into running. Start gradually and increase mileage by no more than 10% from the previous week.
- Master 3 yoga poses. Yoga is great for stretching, good posture and improving stress levels. Three good balancing poses include: warrior III, crow and handstand.
- Do some form of exercise every day for at least 30 minutes.
- Follow a circuit workout.
- Try CrossFit. This is a mix of aerobic exercises, body weight exercises, gymnastics and weight lifting.
Focusing on Endurance
- Sprint Triathlon. This requires you to perform at a high level across three different sports; swimming, cycling and running.
- Six-minute mile. Many people can run a sub-seven minute mile; the real indicator of fitness comes in shaving off that last minute.
- One-mile open water swim. Ever heard of the Midmar mile? Now’s your time!
Focusing on Adventure
- Hike a cross-country trail. A long hike can be a life changing experience as it is a chance to connect with nature, brave the wild and disconnect from the modern world.
- Climb a mountain. Whether it’s a trip to the berg or summiting a mountain, it’s an amazing experience but remember to practice all safety measures and be in the right physical condition for it.
- Martial Arts training. This is for the hardcore out there. It has a powerful physical and mental effect.
Have we gotten those fitness creative ideas flowing yet? Depending on your lifestyle and personal goals, you can customise your fitness bucket list accordingly. Just be sure to keep it realistic and ease into it!